Student Outreach 2014
In 2013 Thomas Keating stepped up its efforts to provide students who have Physics and Engineering in their sights - both at school and at university - with an experience of industrial life. We have continued this into 2014.
Vicky Whiting is an Engineering undergraduate at the University of Bath and joined TK for a month in summer 2014. She worked on a range of projects, including:
- a study of the uses of a new 3D printer at TK
- designing a new support for the electronics boards used in the Support Units in the Pro/Engineer CAD package and printed them
- printing a model of an upgrade to a quasi-optical in-vessel plasma diagnostics for the Joint European Taurus (JET)
- designing a waveguide transition using Ansys HFSS software
- investigating an alternative design for the TK Absolute THz Power Meter for use with the standard TK 125 mm grid system.